Old Colony Historical Society
66 Church Green
Genealogy and Local History Research
Andrew D. Boisvert, Archivist and Library Manager
“Old Colony” refers to New England’s first British settlement, the Plymouth
Colony—today’s Plymouth, Barnstable, and Bristol Counties. Our Historical Society was founded in 1853 to
collect and share the history of this entire geographic area, but today we
specialize in the city of
genealogical holdings include families from southeastern
We invite you to read more about our Research by Mail program before contacting the OCHS.
Visiting the William T. and Mary L. Hurley Library
· Research appointments are appreciated, and will facilitate your visit.
· Staff will gladly assist patrons in locating source material from the Society’s collections on premises.
· The Library is located on the second floor of the Old Colony Historical Society; materials can be brought to researchers on the first floor, which is wheelchair accessible, as needed.
· The Society welcomes donations of patrons’ completed work if it relates to the Old Colony region for the benefit of future researchers. Please contact the staff in advance of a proposed donation.
Society members: Free
Students researching assigned projects: Free
Genealogical research on premises: $7.00 per day
All other research: $4.00 for adults; $2.00 for children 12-17; $2.00 for seniors 65+
Library Use Policies
Facilities and Equipment
Microfilm/fiche reader and printer (copies 25˘ each)
Photocopying machines (staff operated; please see fees below)
Scanners (staff operated; please ask about fees)
Digital camera and copy stand (staff operated; please ask about fees)
Wireless internet capability with patrons’ laptop computers (free with admission)
Non-Members: 25˘ per page Color copies (members) $1.00 per page
Members: 15˘ per page Color copies (non-members) $2.00 per page
Students: 15˘ per page
· The reproduction of entire works is generally not done
Photographs, postcards, digital images and other types of pictures may be allowed for patron use according to our Image Reprographic Policy. Please ask the Director.
Thank you for your interest in research at the Old Colony Historical Society